Joy May-SF City Hall Wedding Photography
Phone now (415) 529-5473
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
F.A.Q. / About us
At Joy May Wedding Photography we want you to feel confident and comfortable knowing you have hired a quality, professional service. We will deliver creative and artistic images of your event for less than 1/3 the cost of other high end studios. Our images prove our talent. We promise our calm approach will help make your dream wedding a reality. Here are some key wedding photography questions you should be concerned with and how we address them:
1. Who is Joy May Wedding Photography? Joy May Photography is a team of three professional artists: Joy May- digital artist/painter, Johnny– Main wedding photographer, Jiao – a seasoned wedding photographer/assistant/digital artist.
2. How long have you been in business? Everyone knows there is no substitute for experience. At Joy May Wedding Photography we have been providing outstanding wedding service for Northern California since 2001. We average 30 weddings per year and have photographed over 350 weddings since 2001. That’s over 10 years of professional experience. Experience, creativity, quality, and service are our trademark. You can book wedding photography online now with a $150 retainer/deposit. Please phone (415) 529-5473 before submitting deposit to verify we have your date available. We are booking for 2021.
3. How much do you charge and what is included? Our fee is $299. Basically, we charge $150 per hour, per photographer. $299 WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY includes: © Copyrights Title (non-exclusive copyrights), Two hours photography service, All digital images color corrected , 20 rendered images ( artistic photo editing ), One Photographer , No watermarks on images, All images on DVD-ROM ( Unlimited Digital Images ), All images on USB FLASH DRIVE ( Unlimited Digital Images ), One online wedding photo album. Again, we charge $150 per hour, per photographer. We include all original high resolution digital images on DVD-ROM, with no watermarks. No need to return to us for reprints or enlargements! We require a 50% retainer fee to secure our service for the specific event day. Our availability is limited, as our photographers can only shoot one wedding per day. We are first come, first served.
4. Why do I want the © copyrights? In the USA all creative work is intellectual property, protected by copyrights rights law , for 95 years. All copyright protected images, digital or hard copy, are “proofs”. By default, all photographers own the copyrights (proofs) of your wedding images, and will greatly profit (often thousands of dollars) from your lifelong reorders, reprints, and enlargements after the wedding. The clients do not own the “proofs”. For example- average price for one 8×10 proof/reprint/enlargement from a wedding photographer/studio is $50. The cost of one 8×10 from COSTCO is $5, if you own the copyrights. Also- all major photo processing companies (Walgreen’s, Target, Costco) will recognize professional wedding images and will require certificate of ownership in order to reprint your wedding photos. By signing the certificate of ownership, we legally transfer the nonexclusive copyrights to our clients and the means (DVD-ROM, USB FLASH) to reprint your wedding images, forever. At Joy May Wedding Photography we offer our clients the non-exclusive copyrights (ownership) of all images-IE; all wedding images on DVD-ROM. This is the best long term deal for our clients. Again, our clients get every image we shoot-Our clients own every image we shoot!
5. Is two hours enough time for SF City hall ? Yes it is. Our service is expandable. If you need us for more time, we are available. Again, we charge $150 per hour, per photographer, per specific day.
6. How many photographers shoot our event? For our $299 (2 hours) service, we include our main wedding photographer. Johnny is a seasoned veteran of over 10 years. He has the experience to make your event memorable and create the beautiful images that you will treasure for a lifetime. If you want an additional creative professional photographer/artist we charge a subsequent rate of $150 per hour. Two photographers for two hours will bill at $600, plus sales tax.
7. Do you bring “back up” equipment? Yes, we do. Although equipment failure is rare, we won’t let it stop and ruin your special day. At Joy May Wedding Photography we bring enough back up gear to cover any equipment failure.
8. We need photos for eight hours – How do we secure the time? No problem. We can work for as many hours as you need. Again after two hours ($299), we bill at $150 per hour, per day. 8 hours with two photographers will bill at $2400, plus tax.
9. Do you colorize, soften or retouch the digital (jpeg) images? Yes we do! All images are color corrected, with contrast, clarity, saturation and white balance correction. We then rendered 20 (CS5 photoshop) images. These twenty images are cooked to perfection with Joy May’s signature photo editing style. Joy May is one of the few digital artists who devotes this much time creating works of art from your photos. These fully rendered images (and originals) are included at full resolution on DVD. We also include the original, untouched images too! Additional enhanced images are charged at a rate of $50 per image. No water marks on photos!
10. What is your shooting style? At it’s core, our shooting style is a mixture of unobtrusive photojournalism (candid) and traditional (posed) photography. We feel that this modern approach satisfies everyone from the bride and groom to the parents and grandparents.
11. Do you use professional equipment? Yes, we do. At Joy May Wedding Photography we use automatic exposure Canon 1D EOS digital SLR cameras with auto-focus Canon EOS EF lenses and camera mounted integrated TTL EOS flash to ensure clean, sharp, high quality images. As we are natural light artists, we do not bring studio equipment (light stands, power packs, umbrellas, lights) to a wedding. All our equipment is professional and industrial grade.
12. Do you charge for set up and take down? No. Absolutely not. At Joy May Wedding Photography you are only charged from the moment we start, to the moment we end, as you specify in our contract. We usually arrive 1 hour early (Not billable time) to set up and familiarize ourselves with the locations. If you would like us to inspect the locations before the event, we charge an additional fee of $500 for Northern California.
13. When will our photos and DVD be ready? After your event, your DVDs will be processed and burned and ready for pick-up after 4 weeks. We will send an email bill upon completion.
14. Do we have to prepay for your service? No. Absolutely not. We require a credit card deposit (50%) now, to secure the service for your wedding date. The balance is due upon completion. The balance is paid after the wedding, when you pick-up the photos or DVD video. We accept final payment in cash or credit card.
15. Can you make an online gallery for us? Yes we can. This online gallery is included in our service. After final payment, we publish your selected best images on the world wide web. This is the best way to have your family and friends to see, order and print your wedding images, from any part of the world. This online gallery is public with your names and wedding date and location. Please read our TOS for requirements.
16. Can we give you a “VIP” photo list? Yes you can. Providing us with a list of very important photos or people (V.I.P.), is the best way to ensure you get the images you want.
17. Do you provide a written contract? Yes we do. Our Terms of Service (T.O.S.) is online. We know the importance a written commitment is to you. Not only does it guarantee our performance but gives you the peace of mind knowing we will be there on the exact date you specify. After the deposit is received, we will email you a receipt of purchase of our Joy May Wedding Photography service. Please read our terms of service.
18. How will you dress? At Joy May Wedding Photography we know the importance of a professional image and we will dress in black slacks, black dress shirt, and black vest with black dress shoes.
19. Are there any hidden fees? No, absolutely not. There are no additional fees to worry about. Our competitors will profit from price and service obscurity. At Joy May Wedding Photography we keep our service fee clear, honest, and simple. There is no fine print. Please read our terms of service.
20. Do we have to provide you with a dinner or lunch? No, absolutely not. We know that dinners can be expensive. We believe that it is not your obligation to serve us. However, we will accept an invitation to eat if offered.
21. How can we get a Magazine Style Album? We refer you to http://www.mypublisher.com. We know MAGAZINE ALBUMS can sell for $1,000+ . With our digital images on DVD- ROM and copyrights title, you can do-it-yourself and save! My Publisher has unique tools and publishing software that have enabled hundreds of thousands of customers to create and order custom made, high-quality, coffee-table books in single-copy editions at affordable prices.
22. What distinguishes you from other services? Our business has three great qualities: Experience, exceptional creativity and low price. Please read our Testimonials online to see what our clients say about Joy May Wedding Photography service!
23. Can you ship our photos, album and DVD to us? Yes we can! After final payment, we can ship U.S.P.S. priority mail insured shipping within USA for $50 additional.
24. Do you charge a travel fee for my wedding? No, absolutely not. There is no travel fee for San Francisco City Hall. Travel outside San Francisco city is additional $100, for the S.F. Bay Area. There is no travel fee if you book for 8 hours. ($1200-see line 3)
25. Are Engagement Photos available? Yes , we include an engagement session if you book eight hours and two photographers. ($2400-see line 3)
26. We are so busy, we don’t have time to meet. Can we secure our date now with a credit card, and meet with you later? Yes, you can. With a credit card, you can book our wedding photography through our secure servers. Once we receive payment, we will email you a receipt for your Joy May Wedding Photography purchase. Your credit card company (VISA or M/C) will also have a receipt of purchase from Joy May Photography on record. Afterwards, we can meet by scheduled appointment or skype-teleconference with you to discuss your concerns and wishes for your event. We do not require that you meet with us before the event. We offer unlimited consultations.
27. Why are your prices so low? What’s the catch? There is no catch. We are aware that wedding photography, digital images and copyrights can run $10,000 for a day. We believe that providing equal access to high quality photography is an important mission. Please visit our Joy May Wedding Gallery to see our imagination. You will love the artistic images and the money you save with our service!
Again, you can book wedding photography online now with a $150 retainer/deposit. Please phone (415) 529-5473 before submitting deposit to verify we have your date available. We are now booking for 2021. Also, our availability is limited, as we can only shoot one wedding per day. We can meet, by appointment, to review more samples of our work at our studio. Our business hours are: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
For more information please read our Terms of Service.
Sincerely, with our best regards,
JOY MAY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY- F.A.Q. / About us
who can shoot wedding photography in San Francisco
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”LocalBusiness” url=”http://www.joymay.net/” name=”SF City Hall Wedding Photographers” description=”$299 Wedding Photography. Copyrights included! Oakland, San Jose, SF City Hall California USA” street=”732 Presidio Avenue” city=”San Francisco” state=”California” postalcode=”94115″ country=”US” email=”email@example.com” phone=”(415) 529-5473″ ]